Thermodynamics is the most essential subject of mechanical engineering. To learn this subject, you need the right book. Engineering thermodynamics by P K Nag, deals with the subject very efficiently. It provides a comprehensive theory on the subject and detailed examples to fully understand the concepts of thermodynamics. It also has a sufficient amount of unsolved questions of both theoretical and numerical types. If you can solve these unsolved questions, you can say that you have learned the subject. This book is also very helpful in building concepts for thermal engineering, refrigeration, and Heat transfer.
Engineering Thermodynamics by P K Nag contains the following chapters.
- Work and heat transfer
- First law of thermodynamics
- First law applied to flow processes
- Second law of thermodynamics
- Properties of pure substances
- Properties of gases and gas mixtures
- Thermodynamic relations, equilibrium, and stability
- Vapour power cycles
- Gas Power cycles
- Refrigeration cycles
- Reactive systems
- Gas compressors